If you are one of those Fortnite players who spend a ton of time and growing your own place in this epic game battle, then learning how to get better at Fortnite is a useful question to ask. As a Fortnite player myself, I constantly learning new Fortnite tips and tricks to beat my competition in this long-running game.
If you are a beginner at this game, then you can start with watching some youtube videos “Fortnite for beginners” on basic stuff before asking how to get good at Fortnite.
Below are the 15 best Fortnite tips and tricks you should know to increase the chance of being a winner and enjoy your gaming experience.
Best Fortnite Tips and Tricks
1. Learn how to build as it is the key to your defense, and defense often means survival.
This is vital to newbies. Master making quick buildings and ramps around your hero in just a few secs, which can save your identity if you’re shot. Practice building to climb up the mountains and buildings quickly. Keep on rehearsing. The building is your best mode of transportation in “Fortnite,” but it’s also your best defense apart from the potions and the Med Kits that you’ll find scattered around the island. One of the most useful Fortnite tips and tricks that can be used to grow yourself.
2. Use your pickaxe to do everything you can, particularly at the start of each game.
Each character of the “Fortnite Battle Royale” has an unwavering pickax. Nearly every object in a game can be destroyed. Just hit it repeatedly to gather the materials—wood, metal, or brick—that you will use to build forts, ramps, walls, and defenses.
Materials are collected early on in the “Fortnite Battle Royale” for good defense, too. The best players break everything, from trees to boxes, even walls, and floors, right from the game’s very start.
3. Take control of the training area before the game begins.
Before each game, all the players are loaded into a lobby of sorts, where you’ll be able to pick up a few guns and resources to practice shooting and constructing, respectively. If you feel confused about controls, use this time to get acquainted.
4. Health is the most important thing. Prioritize the products that restore your health and shields.
Several things can restore your life or make it harder for you to destroy. Mainly, shields will give you a much better possibility of surviving the royal battle: Below are these Fortnite Tips and Tricks,
- Med Kits and Bandages restore your health, but only Med Kits can fully restore your health.
- Chug Jug takes 15 secs to consume, but it gives you full health and shields.
- Shield Potions and Tiny Shield Potions (or Minis) restore your shields, but only two Shield Potions will fully restore your health.
- Drinking Slurp Juice gives you one health point per second and one shield point per second for 25 seconds.
5. Master any tool and know when to use it.
One of the major Best Fortnite Tips and Tricks is to learn how to use the tools well without loosing much resources. Fortnite Battle Royale has many methods which can be used both offensively and defensively:
- The Bomb is burning up a few seconds after you aim it at someone else.
- Throwing a Boogie Bomb Causes opponent trapped in his wake to dance for a few seconds, leaving them vulnerable to your attack.
- Throwing the grenade of Port-A-Fort would automatically build a fort for you. It can be used defensively, but even offensively, as the Twitch Streamer Ninja has proven.
- Anything trapped in the wake of the Impulse Grenade will be blown away, or blown up into the air, relying on the angle of your toss. You can also use impulse bombs to fire yourself towards enemy players to cover a lot of ground in a limited period.
6. Know the strengths and limitations of each firearm.
- Snipers are perfect for removing enemies from a long distance, but they are terrible for close combat.
- Shotguns are ideal for near opponents, but you need to be rough when you use them. (Try jumping while driving the opponent forward to be a moving target.)
- Assault rifles are perfect at long range, but they can be used as near as possible when appropriate. Some of them have scopes; others do not.
- The submachine guns fire fast, but they’re bad at a long distance.
- Pistols are good at medium range but can be shot too slowly for close-fighting conditions.
- Rocket launchers and grenade launchers are functional at smashing enemy forts and houses with one shot or two—and typically the enemies together with them.
- The Crossbow’s got limitless arrows.
7. Engage in firefighting early and regularly. Often the safest way to learn leverage is to dive straight in—and usually, at the very start of the game, players are weakest, so that’s the best chance to be competitive and win.
8. Know the best time to engage and when to retire.
If you’ve got good weapons and enough ammunition, and you’ve got plenty of health and shields, you might take them both by surprise and win.
If you don’t have potent weapons or low on health and/or shields, try obtaining more materials first and recovering before you start fighting. Remember your fitness and weapons before you initiate combat. Maybe you’re not the one who’s going to end everything.
9. If you hear people running away from you, that means they don’t have strong guns, or they’re weak. Go for them, man.
10. Pay attention to the rareness of each piece. Typically, you’re going to want to hang on to a cheaper, rarer piece, but there are exceptions.
Often, at that precise moment, you need to worry about what you need. If you’re low on energy, for example, and it’s either having a cool-looking rare sword, a Shield Potion, or Med Kit, it would be prudent to eat or retain health products first before considering a weapon.
Often, a few less-rare products are preferable. The blue-tier pump shotgun, for example, deals some of the most extreme harm in the game and is generally worth hanging on.
11. If you’re still used to dominate the game, first practice aiming and building when you know you’re safe and alone before you’re trying to do these things in a real firefight.
12. Know the places.
There are 18 regions of “Fortnite Battle Royale.” They are named Anarchy Acres, Dusty Depot, Lethal Plains, Flush Warehouse, Greasy Grove, Haunted Hills, Junk Junction, Lonely Lodge, Loot Lake, Moisty Mire, Fun Park, Retail Row, Salty Springs, Shifty Shafts, Snobby Shores, Tilted Towers, Tomato Town, Wailing Forests. (I know how cute their names are.)
As the map’s safe zone begins to diminish in the game, get acquainted with the areas in the middle of the map: Those places, including the Tilted Buildings, have the best chance of being in a protected zone for most of the match.
13. Watch the pros and emulate what they’re doing.
Go to YouTube and watch streamers like Ninja or Dr. Lupo do their job. See what they’re doing as the land—how they collect supplies and bring opponents out early—and watch them in different situations, like how they react to being targeted or how they drive an opponent. You can learn a lot of tactics from seeing the best players.
14. Use the new Replay app to study how you died and learn how to do it the next time you die.
Early in a game, I gathered some excellent weapons and started a flight of stairs when I died unexpectedly. My game is over.
Using the latest “Fortnite Battle Royale” replay system—accessed by going to the Settings tab in the main menu—I quickly learned from my error. Someone had put a pit on the roof of the building I was in, and I had overlooked my surroundings.
The game will automatically save your matches to your benefit. Study the tapes.
15. Do a different thing!
“Fortnite Battle Royale” is a vast game that can also be incredibly complicated. But it’s a match at the end of the day, and the only way to love it—but still to get better—is to see all that it has to bring.
So try to drop to a new position for the next game. Try a weapon that you’ve resisted so far. Want to learn. Offer to win a game without killing one. Do whatever it takes to make you feel fun, and you may also discover something new about the game.
Loved these Fortnite Tips and Tricks, did we missed something that you know about Fortnite, comment below and help our fellow Fortnite players to learn new tricks and tips.
Also, try checking this awesome video on 100 best fortnite tips and tricks for more.